Saturday, August 09, 2008

chelsea & chad ... funk & fun



my infamous fountaining tree in black with wired cymbidium orchids all over it - a bold sign in arrangement

garden centerpieces wrapped in horsetail


the bouquet - very similar to her sitting.






reception was at chantilly mansion in layton. centerpieces inside were in our classic tall glass v vase with black rocks at the base a cymbidium stem inside the vase and alternating colors of giant pomander balls with black curly willow adorning the top. these were fun and funky for me as a designer and artist and i am so grateful that chelsea respects and admires me enough as an artist to carry out some funk and then love it in return. also the simple yet modern accents for the buffet table and her cake that had nothing to do with me but everything to do with the ultimate design made by cakes by dawna.

chelsea and her family have been an inspiration and support to me personally and i want to publicly thank them. i am so grateful for great clients who become part of who i am as an artist and also as a friend. chelsea's dad shared some eloquent words of wisdom with me at the temple while we waited for chelsea and i also wanted to thank him for being who he is and the kind of example to get me closer to where i need to be in life.

this ends events for me for a few months. no worries i will be back in the game for the latter part of the year. in the meantime i will post some old work, some work that inspires me and some other wedding related stuff so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You rock. We'll all miss seeing new stuff for the next little while but look forward to revisiting past designs!