Saturday, May 26, 2007

ray lamontagne


who is ray lamontagne and what does he have to do with this strange picture? well today everything to do with who i am and what i am doing. Today was Tessa Stimpson's wedding. i am going to unusually share some insight ..... this wasnt a wedding i looked forward to. these clients were great clients however there are just times when i am not the best suited designer for someone, and i know this was one of them. it very rarely has anything to do with my designs or their integrity but much more to do with actual business conflicts. So much bad energy jumped into the process that i have spent the last week doing all that i can to be sure that pure fresh good energy comes through me regarding this wedding, in my thoughts, actions, and intentions. i am passionate about my work and about the symbolism of this right of passage and thus i feel strongly that selflessness is required! a few weeks back my assitant Neena introduced me to ray lamontagne music, we listened to his CD yesterday while preparing Tessa's designs. It put me in just the right place, the magic came back and started working through my fingers like i so badly wanted it to. (i cant work when i feel negative about what i am working on) so this afternoon when i found myself driving to the temple to drop off Tessa's bouquet i listened to ray again and felt so calm and peaceful and so very very grateful for the talent of art that i have been blessed with. Her bouquet was there next to me in the drink holder near the steering wheel, an extra set of keys and just in the car when they most often times are. the most important piece always rides by me so there is surety of its well being and there was my trusty SLR on the seat next to me and i thought what a moment ......... and i took a picture.

No comments: