Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Magazines!

The last few weeks I have taken some time off of actual events and I am focusing on some business office stuff and my own family. Its been a nice break that is nearing the end! One of my projects has been to go through the mass abundance of bridal magazines that exist in my offices. Some I have aquired and most have been given to me by brides who are done planning. I have magazines that date back to my wedding nearly 10 years ago and up to recent. I have got to clean them out and be sure that I have all that I want out of them. While doing this I stumbled upon a Martha Stewart Wedding article that is entitled "finding a florist." Dont we have so much to thank Martha for, thanks Martha for all you have taught me and all the great pictures you have supplied for our idea books and most of all for the great articles that inform my clients of necessary things to know, I am glad it comes from not just my mouth! Here are excerpts from the article.

"In a way, the flowers you choose for your wedding represent all of your hopes for your marriage. More than decoration, they are symbols of true love, friendship, fidelity, abundance, and passion. But as symbols go , they are also delicate, ephemeral, bewildering, and costly. So it pays to enlist the help of a true professional, someone who can help you weed through the choices and whose vision matches yours."

"The term florist is actually a very general one; it can refer to anyone from the neighborhood shop owner to the floral or event designer who can oversee the entire visual presentation of the event. Most wedding florist fall somewhere in between."

(just in case there is question i am a floral event designer. I do provide the simpliest of bridal party flowers but have the capabilities for the entire dream)

"If you hire a professional who will help you conceptualize and will execute the look of the entire wedding, find an event designer, who is to a wedding what a decorator is to a house. With an event designer, you can rest assured that no details will be forgotten. Just remember this piece of mind comes at a premium. Much more than with a traditional florist or shop owner, service and creative input make up a substantial part of the bill. This can be a worth while investment, but as with all aspects of your wedding planning, to make this decision you must first determine your flower budget"

I hope this helps considering or future clients understand my prices and what they are aquiring when they hire me. I also hope that it helps the clients of the past that struggled with my bill to understand its ultimate total.

No comments: