Sunday, April 08, 2007

Key LIme!







Here are the designs from the Bridal Extravaganza this last weekend. This show was very last minute for me, like the day before is when i knew i was doing it! I was pretty resigned to no more advertising for the year as far as shows go, i just dont need to do them, and they are so taxing on me for some reason, a million times worse than doing a wedding! But the show producers really wanted me in it, they gave me a deal i couldnt refuse. I was so disoriented by the whole last minute thing i didnt bring a camera so i have not a single picture of the booth. Oh well. Here are some pics of the designs i created. I really like limes, especially key limes! this is one of my favorite things to do is just play with elements. The first pic is just key limes and lily grass in one of my favorite vases. The 2nd pic is a large vase arrangment of curly willow, viburnum branches, orange gerbera daisies, snapdragons, & boronia. There were 7 gold fish in the bottom of this vase at the show and they were the hit of the show! it was fun! Some advice about fish in your centerpieces; be careful about the selection of type of fish, betas have to be alone, they kill each other, gold fish need good oxygen and can only handle living with certain flowers. know ahead of time that any fish can only endure a few hours in a centerpiece and then you will have dead fish for your guests to view. The next few pics are of a bouquet i did that seemed to be well liked, it included hot princess roses, boronia, painted lime green mini callas, painted black monkey tails, and of course key limes. Perfectly matched pink ribbon, a strand of my signiature beads and green wire adorned the stems.

No comments: